25.3.10

just a thought

I found the sweetest quote in a book that my friend let me borrow.  It is actually in the very front of the book, Happiest Baby on the Block.
"To the generous hearts
of new parents everywhere
and to our sweet babies
who come into the world
with such trust."

The first time I read that, I thought, How sweet! My favorite part is the last line: "with such trust."
I have never really thought of it like that before... that our newborn babies trust us to take care of them...someone to take care of them because they are so helpless and need us so much.

That reminds me of mommy favoritsm- when your child chooses Mom over anyone else (except Dad, on occasion.)  This trait is starting to peek through in Baby Jed's personality. I'm really grateful that he loves me so much that he would rather spend time with me... however, I get sad when he starts to whine when he gets passed off to someone else like Uncle Jake, or Aunt Becca. It would be nice for them to see how smiley and happy he can be.

Cloth diaper update... am still loving them!  They still smell clean and fresh!

2 comments:

Emily said...

This is such a sweet post. Thanks for sharing, Madeline. :)
speaking of the Cloth Diapers, I was wondering what you do when your little guy gets a poopy diaper and you're not at home. How would you clean it up if you were at the park or at church, etc?

Heidi said...

I think it must be such a blessing to be a mommy! Especially a new mommy! Thank you for sharing these precious thoughts and giving me a glimpse of how wonderful it will be to be a parent!

Love you!