3.9.10

before cars were invented


Today Baby Jed and I had a long, time consuming adventure. What normally only takes one hour tops turned into a 3 1/2 hour event!!

Let me explain...

Big Jed had the car today. He has to drive at least 20 minutes every day to work when he doesn't carpool with someone else. He couldn't carpool because his driving buddy was out of town.
I had a normal doctors appointment today.  The clinic I go to is right across town and is really nice and fresh.               It takes me 6 minutes to get there if the weather and traffic is nice.  Well, since I didn't have the car... it took a lot longer than 6 minutes to get there.  Pregnant lady walking a 6 minute driving distance + baby stroller + uphill = 60 minutes walking time.

Yup... an hour.  So I get to my appointment right on time (phew...) and they take me back and say the standard: "the doctor will be with you in just a minute..."

Here we go again. What normally takes "just a minute" turned into just an hour.  The nurse walks in and says, "I'm sorry, but we're really backed up. Do you mind seeing a different doctor?" I tell her no I don't mind.... I just want to get home. By that point I'm tired and hungry and you can only imagine me trying to make baby Jed happy that whole time too...
So a different doctor walks in and apologizes. She gives me a coupon for a free Large IceCream Sundae... (score!!) And then we're headed back home.

Of course it takes nearly an hour to get back home-  ... you get the picture.


People that lived before cars were invented must have been a lot more patient and a LOT more physically fit.

Oh! I forgot to say that I also did my 45 minute walk this morning like I normally do...
That is a lot of walking in one day.

4 comments:

Lauren and Michael said...

Madeline!! You should have told me!! I would have loved to take you!! Next time Jed has the car and you need to go some where I would love to help you out!!

Our Happy Family said...

Girl you are supposed to do all of that walking closer to your due date, to make the baby come out, lol. I don't know what people did with no cars either. I hope your doing good and I am ready to see more baby belly pictures.

Liana said...

Good exercise! sheesh! Glad you got a sundae out of it though. By the way, we are back! I'm working on getting our place up and running and feeling like "home". Once things slow down, I really would love to see you!

The Mele's said...

Liana, You'll have to tell me where you are living so I can come visit you. Miss you alot!