Popular Posts

17.9.10

A Love for Schubert

I'm not sure if many of you know this... but I adore "classical music." I say it in parentheses because actually the term classical music refers to the classic period, and even though I'm a big fan of Bach and the like- my real love is for Schubert, Brahms, Rachmaninoff, Liszt and the like...

Well my whole point is to share a clip of a movie I'm very fond of- with music I'm in love with!




Here is the song itself played by Horowitz the Amazing... (okay, he really wasn't called that... but deserves the title!)



And then I found this version:

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that movie! Emily plays that part so well, and I agree that the music is beautiful. I think it is a sad/haunting type of beautiful, which happens to be my favorite kind! Thank you for sharing! I enjoy finding out how much we have in common :)

Shaun said...

I knew Schubert was a genius, I knew Vladimir was great, but I had never seen this man on the guitar. He was pretty awesome.
-Shaun

The Mele's said...

This man is so talented. It almost sounds like 2 guitars it is so good.