30.10.10

get up off your tushi!

"Get up off your tushi!" That's what I had to tell myself this morning. Lil Jed woke up earlier than normal (which is early to begin with) and so all I wanted to do was sleep on the couch while he played around me in the living room... but then----

I realized that if I continued to lay there on the couch, I probably wouldn't get up for a verrrry looong time. So I said "Madeline, Get up off your tushi!!" And it worked! I got up off the couch and started being very productive with my time.   And look, I'm posting this only at 10:46AM and these are the things that I've been able to get done today:

While lil Jed was in independent play time (I'll post more on this subject later) I finished all my homework due this week.  I feel so blessed to know that I've been able to stay on top of all my school work so far this semester. It's a real challenge to continue to go to school with children!

A pic of lil Jed in playtime. I love this sweet face!


AND!! The first thing I did when I got off my "tushi" was bake some whole wheat bread. I don't have a mixer, nor do I have a bread maker thingamajig--- so I consider myself lucky when even one of my mini-loaves turn out super delicious. And yes, at least one of them did, I'm taste-testing it right now in fact.

That's a goal of mine from now on-  stop buying canned beans (dry beans are sOo much cheaper)
And start making more bread!


No comments: