Popular Posts

14.5.12

Piano Babes


The boys on Sunday were having fun on my mom's old piano. That thing is so out of tune it makes whale's ears hurt.  The wooden soundboard is so dry the pegs slip and won't hold the strings at the right tension, so it sounds... awesome. hahaha.

The boys love playing on it.  It's cute seeing them grow up together.

This afternoon I followed Robbie running into the bathroom. He was so excited to take a bath! I thought to myself watching him try to run (he resembles a penguin carrying a sack of potatoes) that he'll be so big one day, a kid, a teenager, a young man, and an adult.  I'm excited to see what life brings all of our children, but also sad to see them change. I wish I could hold them as newborns again.  That fresh new baby smell, with their fuzzy hair and sleepy faces.  Or maybe see their frustration when their a couple of months older, trying so hard to crawl. Now they are walking, running, playing in dirt, learning how to communicate, and falling in love with tractors, trains, and trucks. They make my heart smile.

I read this awesome quote on Mothers Day, and wanted to share it with you.
“In a poignant exchange with God, Adam states that he will call the woman Eve. And why does he call her Eve? ‘Because she is the mother of all living.’… Eve was given the identity of ‘the mother of all living’ years, decades, perhaps centuries before she ever bore a child. It would appear that her motherhood preceded her maternity…
I believe ‘mother’ is one of those very carefully chosen words, one of those rich words- with meaning after meaning. I believe with all my heart that it is first and foremost a statement about our nature, not a head count of our children.”
         
~ Patricia Holland

1 comment:

ryan and jessica said...

that is a beautiful quote! i love love love it! congrats on a baby girl!