Popular Posts

3.7.12

a sweet tooth

week 26, 28, 29, and 30
I've been taking almost weekly tummy shots via Instagram. It's interesting to see how much Harper grows. It might be hard to tell, but I can see her gradually growing. Can you? The farthest right is now- 30 weeks.  Just 10 more to go!  

Yesterday and especially today are the first days that I feel back to myself again. My vision is a little slow this morning, but other than that, I feel great!

The incident happened on last Wednesday, and I was getting better until Sunday where I had a slight relapse. I just couldn't shake my foggy brain and my speech was very slow, short-term memory was shot, my fingers were curling, and I ended up in the ER again. Of course the doctors said I was fine and probably just stressed. Last time I checked, stress doesn't do that to people. 
But nonetheless, I've been taking it easy and trying to eat as healthy as I can so that I avoid any more "episodes".  They usually happen within an hour of me eating sugar/starchy foods.  Darn glucola drink! It was so sugarfied that it fried my brain and now I can't eat anything that is sugary. Which STINKS because I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth in the history of dentistry. Ever. I really mean it. EVERRRR.
But like I said, yesterday and especially today are the first days that I feel back to myself again.  I've had so much love, help, and support from family and friends. I know that I'm truly taken care of. 

Especially by this man, the hubby: 
I can not tell you how loved I have felt by Jed this past week. We have always had a strong love for each other, but through this experience I have felt it increase so much more. It's hard to describe really, something that can just be felt I think. He has been with me every second that I needed him, not just in presence, but in attention and support, too. Through every attack he holds my hand if I want him to, he looks into my eyes, and he smiles and tells me: you're going to get through this. 


I love you, Jed. Thank you.

Now come on brain! Get better! I want to eat cake again!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so glad Jed is taking such good care of you, that is so sweet. Hope you can introduce chocolate back into your diet soon!