Popular Posts

18.8.12

naps, tantrums, and Harper

Naps

Apparently nap time is overrated at our house today. Both the boys are wide awake. Robbie was sleeping. But that changed quickly when Jeddie turned the corner and got excited and screamed "POE!" when he saw the piano in the dining room. Robbie must have heard it and wanted to see what was so exciting! The piano in our house is not a new thing, Jeddie sees it everyday, all day long. But today it evidently was even more exciting than before!

The other day Robbie insisted on napping with me.  When he fell asleep I put him on the other side of the bed so I could have some comfortable room to sleep... but before too long he was snuggled right back next to me.  We just had to take a pic to remember that sweet moment.

Toddler Book

I got this book the other week The Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp, M.D.,
All the while reading it I thought: "Wow, that's a great idea. How come I haven't done that before?"  After I got through the middle of the book, I realized it kept repeating itself. Like 20 times. No joke. So when I finally reached the end of the book I thought- let's try some of these things.

psh.

 I have read other articles and books that contradict this book... so I realize that there are different to handle toddler defiance and tantrums. This book has some good points. Some ideas are unrealistic when dealing with more than one toddler- simply because time can't be taken to implement all these strategies when you have other children you have to keep your eyes on.  But I guess that's the kicker of raising more than one toddler at a time! Jeddie's almost a preschooler, but is still very much tantrumish! So some of these ideas have helped. 
Get the book, read the good points and use them. Try to implement what you can and be consistent. Took me less than 2 days to read.  This might be a better book for you if your toddler is the only toddler in the house. Haha.


Harper update

I had about 3 hours worth of contractions yesterday and realized that even though I am full term (37 weeks) tomorrow... none of my bags are packed for the hospital. So using a list I found on Pinterest, (modified to my own needs and experience) I started packing mine and Harper's things. For the life of me, I can't find the darn list online to share with you. Good thing I wrote it down for my sake though.


Some days I nest like a tasmanian devil, other days I resemble a sloth. Both tend to annoy hubby.  Just a wee bit, I'm sure. When I am in the mood to get housework done, he's rallied into 80% of the work while I watch and make sure he's doing it right. ha. Either that or he has to entertain the boys while I get things done.  Cleaning out the closets, hanging up curtains, dusting out blinds and window sills, yadda yadda. 

Harper is 3 weeks away from her due date... and she's already 6lbs 10oz.  That's a good size! I know some little babies that are on the other side of their mommie's tummys and they are 6 lbs.  So Harper being a good size and not too small: check. Both the boys were 7lbs 11oz, so we're shooting for that mark.

We're just praying for a healthy baby overall and can't wait to meet her. Our boys are including Harper in drawings, prayers, and conversation- so we know that they are ready to meet her too.

She'll be here before we know it.


No comments: