Popular Posts

9.8.12

So cool!

My boys are so cool.  I wish I was as cool as them! Our family is growing and growing. I'm going to miss these days when it was just me and them home during the day. In just a few short weeks, it's going to be Mom-Dad- the boys- and a lil girl named Harper.
She is going to add such a different vibe to the house. It's not going to be all about tractors and trucks anymore. Soon there will be dollies and dress-up with jewelry and who knows what else! When she's born, Jeddie will be 35 months old- Robbie will be 20 months old.  I hope they love her and want to hold her. I know it will be an adjustment for them at first... but I can't wait until they are all friends, playing together.

A few words of complaining: (I'm allowed to do that right?)
I'm big. I'm uncomfortable. I don't sleep very well. I chase/take care of two energetic toddlers all day long AND I'm nine months pregnant. My dishes hardly ever get done. When I do have time for a shower, hardly ever do I actually have the energy to take one!! But you know what!? I love my family. It's hard work- but worth it. Everyone has a hard time doing something, and I'm glad my "hard time" is this: Family.

Here is a snippet of my morning to illustrate this concept:
It's 5:00AM. Hubby just left for work and of course Jeddie wants to wake up because he hears the front door open and close. Jeddie kept waking up during the night, but still at 5am it's RISE and SHINE for him. Jeddie "whispers" good morning to Robbie but despite his efforts to talk to Robbie quietly, Robbie wakes up and squeals: "Mom mom! Milk?"  I think to myself: okay, I'll go get them milkkkkkk.  I'm dang tired and waddle into the kitchen with two penguins behind me that are tired and whiny.  I can't find sippy cups fast enough for them and of course when I do find them they have mismatch lids and don't work. Poo. I think to myself "Of course it's not easy, is it? It's never easy!" Whoa- attitude check! I immediately hear a firm voice say: "Easy? You're taking care of children. I never said that would be easy." Once I realize that I wouldn't rather be doing anything else, I'm able to find working clean sippy cups and hand them to the boys. They run into their room and jump in bed, giggling and vrooming their trucks over their sippies.All better.

See! Hard, but worth it. Did I want to wake up at 5am? no. Do I want to hear whining through out the day? no. Do I want to feel like I swallowed a watermelon? no. Sometimes I feel like I get pulled in all different directions. I have to be a responsible wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, business owner, the list goes on. But you know, life is good. I'm surrounded by people that love me, and I always have the Lord to rely on to give me strength through hard times. Always.

Lift up the boxing gloves, ring the bell DING DING DING! I can do this!!

No comments: