8.9.12

our sweet little family has grown!

I'm not posting the birth story quite yet, but I did want to show you some pictures of the big day with some more details.

I delivered Harper with no pain medication or epidural... so I spent a lot of time laboring beside the bed on a birthing ball. I used a lot of other positions too, but hubby only grabbed a picture of this one: (thank goodness!)

I've never given birth this way before. So when it was over and she was born, I really couldn't believe it! By far the hardest thing I've ever done. But the best!

It so sweet seeing hubby with Harper girl. He is so sweet and kind to her. I can't wait to see how they interact as time passes on. I wonder if she'll be a daddy's girl?
They already get along pretty well!

We went home from the hospital yesterday and have loved being a family of 5!

Today I took care of the kids by myself while hubby was at work- and it wasn't too bad. Hopefully most days go like today. :)  The boys enjoy being around Harper. Jeddie gives kisses to her. Robbie normally won't come near her- but he did stroke her hair once today.

My sweet mother-in-law is flying in tonight to spend time with all of us this week. We are excited to have her visit and know that she'll love meeting Harper and catching up with the boys!

No comments: