Popular Posts

5.10.12

Getting around to actually trying something on Pinterest

I love Pinterest, I think it's phenomenal. The things I learn on there are great! Crafts, recipes, DIY. You name it, it's probably on there. However, hardly do I actually take the time to try what I learn! But I'm determined to break that habit. Here's a recent "pin" I tried this morning:



First I tried the facial body scrub.
 I mixed equal parts light brown sugar with honey so that it ended up looking like this:
 I made way too much. A little goes a looooooong way. Not kidding. I felt bad and didn't want to waste- so afterwards I just used the remainder as a hand scrub too. Totally worked.

Be careful when trying to exfoliate your face. It works a little too well and you can leave your skin raw if you scrub too hard.

And yes, I scrubbed too hard. And so then my face was realllly red. Ha. Conveniently on this list was an anti-redness facial. So I tried it next. I put a whole egg yolk mixed with a capful of lemon juice. Once again- made way too much. I applied it wet to my face and let it dry. Once it was dry, I removed with warm water and a washcloth.  Right after I had removed it, my face was extremely red. More red than it was before actually. I was like: oh great. However, throughout the day my skin tone has become more even, {and less red} which is a good thing.

Disclaimer: PLEASE don't get yourself sick by doing this one. Keep your mouth shut so that you don't get raw egg in your mouth- uck. And after you are done, make sure you wash EVERYTHING that came in contact with the raw egg. Please and Thank You. 

So then I was ready to put makeup on, but needed to moisturize before hand. Lo and behold they say to use Olive Oil and Honey as a moisturizer. I wasn't a fan of the honey idea, because for me- the olive oil works just fine.  Remember, a little goes a long way!

I'm a big fan of not having to buy moisturizers from the store. One that I have bought in the past is this one: 
Not only does it contain salicylic acid (which is harmful to a growing fetus during pregnancy), but it also contains BHT- a preservative (me and preservatives- we're not friends). And I can't help but feeling when I use that moisturizer that I'm just spreading junk all over my face. 


Olive Oil, on the other hand, is not junk. And it's more than welcome in my medicine cabinet and on my face anytime. Visit The Daily Green to learn more about olive oil and it's other surprising uses.

No comments: