Popular Posts

2.11.12

the book "Small and Simple Things"

In a sweet little book written by a sweet little old lady, Marjorie Pay Hinckley, wrote:

Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said, "We are here in mortality, and the only way to go is through; there isn't any around!" (Ensign, May 1998, 9). I would add, the only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.

I share this quote because I tried to be mad. I tried to cry. It didn't work. I ending up smiling and laughing instead. Why? I'll tell you:

Sitting on the computer working my hiney off, waiting for the boys to actually fall asleep, I hear Robbie creep into Jeddie's room. Neither of them are asleep yet. I think "I'll let them play while I finish this file." Bad idea. A few minutes later the giggling escalates to laughter and so I think "okay, time to separate them." I walk down the hall and swing the door open and the door hasn't even finished opening before a poopy diaper lands right on my face, bounces off my shoulder- slides down my arm and lands right on my foot. Can you imagine!?
Here is what went through my brain at that moment:

AAAAHRRRHG!! Gross!! I can't believe it!? YUCKKKK!!!! UGH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nasty! LOOK WHAT IM COVERED IN! Gross These boys are in sooooo much trouble!!!! AAHHHH!H!HGHGGJG!AAAAHRRRHG!! Gross!! I can't believe it!? YUCKKKK!!!! UGH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nasty! LOOK WHAT IM COVERED IN! Gross These boys are in sooooo much trouble!!!! AAHHHH!H!HGHGGJG!AAAAHRRRHG!! Gross!! I can't believe it!? YUCKKKK!!!! UGH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nasty! LOOK WHAT IM COVERED IN! Gross These boys are in sooooo much trouble!!!! AAHHHH!H!HGHGGJG!

But here is what actually came out of my mouth:
Delirious laughter. hahaHAAHANAHA......

No comments: